Home > Food safety > Return Policy
At Sysco, our approach to credits and returns has remained simple and aimed at unquestionable customer satisfaction. We ask, as part of our cooperative commitment and dedication to improving consumer food safety that our customers work with Sysco to comply with the revisions that have been made to this Customer Request for Credit and Returns Policy. Sysco will continue to return for credit any product not accepted at time of delivery. After delivery, our credit and return policy is limited within certain guidelines.
OUR PRODUCT RETURN & CREDIT POLICY DOES FIVE THINGS:
- Ensures product consistency and quality.
- Reduces product loss.
- Speeds the processing and ensures accuracy on all requests for credit.
- Ensures that product is handled in line with Food Safety Regulations.
- Controls product returns so that any unfit product is channelled correctly
WHEN YOUR DELIVERY ARRIVES, YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Your Sysco Driver will gladly help you verify that the items delivered agree with your invoice.
- Should you choose to return any product, your Sysco Driver will issue a Credit Request.
- If a product is short on delivery, your Sysco Driver will make an adjustment on the invoice.
- If a product is damaged, your Sysco Driver will make an adjustment on your invoice.
- Once you are satisfied with your order, please pay/sign the invoice.
OUR RETURN POLICY AFTER TIME OF DELIVERY IS LIMITED. AN ITEM MAY BE RETURNED, AFTER DELIVERY, ONLY IF IT MEETS THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Make all returns & credit requests within these time frames.
- Produce & Perishables: Point of Delivery
- Non-Stock Order Items: Non-returnable
- Frozen items: 5 days
- Dry Goods: 5 days
PRODUCE & PERISHABLES
- Please inspect all ready-to-eat, produce, dairy, fresh meat, seafood and poultry products thoroughly at time of delivery as these product types are only returnable at time of delivery. This is due to potential product integrity issues and food safety concerns resulting from excessive handling and potential temperature control fluctuations while products have been out of our control.
- Treat chemical returns with extra attention. A Sysco Driver must inspect all chemical products for damage and/or leakage, before a pickup and return can be processed.
NON-STOCK ORDER ITEMS
- Non-stock order items have been purchased especially for you. Because they can’t be resold, they are not returnable except when damaged or of questionable quality at time of deliver.
- To return non-stock items after delivery, after an inspection by to to from, you’ll need authorisation by a designated Sysco Representative.
- At Sysco, we are dedicated to providing the finest and safest products available, and the peace of mind and service you expect and depend upon.
- Products are returnable for full credit only when they are in the original package free of markings or damage.
- All chilled items must be returned at point of delivery.
- Should a product present a defect or not meet expected Quality standards, Customer Service in Sysco should be contacted for guidance.
All requests for returns must be processed via Customer Services who can be contacted on +353 (0)69 20200 / 0345 997 1111