Only time for the best! 20 minutes with Irish Nature
POSTED IN Blog
Seared Beef Fillet, Wild Mushrooms, Tenderstem Broccoli & Red Wine Jus
Life in the kitchen is a busy one. Sysco have teamed up with Irish Nature to bring you this quick and delicious recipe, that will leave your customers smiling….and coming back for more!
- 4 x beef fillet (BF1196 Irish Nature beef fillet steaks centre cut 10 x 227g)
- Tenderstem broccoli blanched (VW701 1 x 500g)
- 100gr chopped shallots (VW801 1 x 500g)
- 15gr chopped garlic (vw733 garlic string 1 x 500r)
- Couple of sprigs thyme (HB556 1 x 50g)
- 400g chopped/prepped wild mushrooms (VW769 wild mushrooms 1 x 1kg)
- Maldon sea salt to season (SP148)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g diced butter
- Olive oil
For The Sauce
- 100g chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon chopped Thyme400ml veal stock (129g 2 x 1.5kg)
- 100ml Madeira (AL303 seasoned Madeira 1 x 1lt)
- 100ml red wine
- 40g diced cold butter
- In a heavy bottomed pan add half of the butter and slowly sweat off the shallots and thyme.
- When starting to colour add in the Madeira and red wine and gently reduce by 2/3.
- Add in the veal stock and reduce again by a further half.
- Remove from stove and gently whisk in the rest of the cold butter. This should help thicken the sauce slightly and give it a nice shine.
- Season and seal off the beef in a touch of olive oil obtaining a nice colour, cook to your liking and leave to rest.
- In a heavy non-stick pan heat the butter until starting to foam. Add in the chopped shallots, garlic, thyme and mushrooms and cook out for a minute.
- Add in the broccoli, and season with the Maldon salt and black pepper.
- Place the vegetables in the centre of the plate, top with the beef and dress with a generous portion of the sauce.