- 50 jobs on the way for Newcastle West!
- Spring has Sprung at Sysco
- Raspberry Chocolate Delice – Valentine’s Day 2023
- Have a Plant Tastic New Year
Recipe: Pork Belly Ribs With A BBQ Glaze
Ribs are a classic – punters love them and they’re not going out of fashion any time soon. So how can we put our own stamp on this popular street food dish?
This recipe is a perfected approach to pork belly ribs with a slight twist, while still giving customers the stickiness and sweetness they love.
“Embrace the messiness but don’t forget to embrace the flavours,” says Sysco chef Simon Hudson. “that’s what this dish is all about.”
Makes 4 Portions
- 800g of pork belly rib sheet meaty cut into 4 strips of approximately 200g each (PK429)
- 65g of Santa Maria red chilli, ginger spice rub (491266)
- 200ml of chicken or veal stock
- 200ml of Santa Maria BBQ sauce (MS710)
- 5g of chopped coriander (HB106)
- 1 bunch of sliced scallions (VW710)
- Sprinkle the chilli, ginger spice mix evenly over the ribs and leave to infuse for 1 hr.
- In a convection oven (steam roast) place the ribs in a gastronorm container or other suitable cooking pan and cook the ribs for 20 minutes at 160 degrees. This allows the spice mix to infuse and also to seal the meat.
- Combine the stock with the BBQ sauce and pour over the ribs, coating both sides.
- Cover the container with foil making sure they are airtight.
- Place them back into the oven on roast setting and cook for 2 and a half hours at 140 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and leave them to rest for 20 minutes, leaving the foil on.
- Remove ribs from liquid and strain the liquid into a pot and reduce by half. This should give you a nice thick sticky consistency.
- Add the ribs back into the sauce and coat evenly.
- Serve the ribs with the sauce and sprinkle the coriander and scallions over them.